Almost three months have passed since I came to Japan, and so many things have happened during my stay I decided to list some of the most memorable events and experiences. To be clear, making a list of all the things that happened to me here would be a never ending story and the list below does not by no means depict the best things (instead they are some of the things I’ve been recently thinking about). So here it comes…
- Tried new food – mentaiko, hotate, uni…the list goes on. I’m still a huge fan of Matsuya, but now I feel I’ve begun to appreciate extremely good food that, for a Finn like me, might look a bit bizarre. I even tried making mentaiko spaghetti myself!
- Met new friends and had fun with old ones – quite obvious, but one simply can’t appreciate good friends enough. You know who you are 🙂 I’m happy to have you in my life, and hope you feel the same.
- Discovered new addictions – well, as some of you might have seen by now my addiction to Rilakkuma has taken yet another step towards being creepy. But hey, that Rilakkuma suit was so cheap I just *had* to buy it! In addition, I spent way too much money on Japanese fashion brands…guess my credit card appreciates me leaving the country for now 😉
- Explored new cities: Fukuoka. Absolutely loved it. If you haven’t been there before, go there now! Wonderful people and food, compact, full of energy. The list goes on…I’m definitely looking forward to my next visit to Fukuoka!
- Fell in love with Japan even more while also acknowledging some of the not-so-good sides of the country – when I first visited Japan I was completely mesmerised by basically everything: food, people, architecture, punctuality, quality of service, and so on. I still love those things, but right now I feel my love for Japan has matured as I’m able to see some of the bad things in the country, and I still keep on coming back. A huge thanks here goes to my friends and colleagues: you’ve helped me learn a lot about Japan, now it’s my turn to study more Japanese!
- And finally, I finished my dissertation and its now ready to be submitted to pre-examination…
To sum it all up, I’m currently feeling extremely energised all thanks to my current and future projects! With the dissertation almost finished (still need to revise it according to my pre-examiners’ comments) I’m feeling eager to start new ventures. Man, it’s all happy days now 🙂
Tokyo, see you soon and thanks for everything – so far!